Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eating A Farmer's Backyard

Alongside becoming a flexi-veggie, I've recently begun Sadie Nardini's 14-day detox program. I'll write a review on the program once I've completed it... in the mean time, here's what I had for lunch today.



You're looking at 3 carrots, 1/2 a cucumber, 1 cup spinach, 2 celery stalks with leaves, and 1/2 an apple. I even added some lemon juice, and then popped it into my liquidiser to make my smoothie. 



Unfortunately, my liquidiser doesn't blend as well as a blender does, so it ended up still quite clumpy and I had to eat it with a spoon. Not the best feeling in the world, eating vegetable mush out of a glass! Tastewise, it wasn't so bad, the apple taste was quite pleasant, and made everything a little sweeter. It's meant to be a power alkali green juice, but I thought it tasted suspiciously acidic.

The amount of vegies the recipe required yielded not one, but THREE low ball glasses worth of smoothie (or vegie pulp... whatever you prefer to call it). I only managed to get through one and a quarter... and that was through sheer determination.

On another note, my new reformed diet has really yielded a change in my skin. It's a lot clearer and today, I braved putting on loads of makeup, and am only going to work with tinted moisturiser and mascara, something which I haven't done in a long, long time.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I'm not sure if I would drink that in smoothie form, but definitely if I popped it all in my heavy duty juicer. I used to drink a lot of fresh vege juice - carrot, beetroot & celery juice everyday - but stopped for some reason.. You are inspiring me to get more healthy again though! Might have to get my juicer out and dust it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love vegie juice! What heavy duty juicer are you using? I'm considering looking out for one. Maybe as my self-Christmas present :P

      Delete