Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Challenge: Hindu Pushups

It's challenge time at Tribesports again! This time it even has a fancy name - the Hindu pushup. 

View the challenge on Tribesports
If you've done any vinyasa yoga, you might notice that the pushup looks strangely familiar. And that's because it is! It's your usual vinyasa flow.

Not sure what a vinyasa flow is? It's the sequence of poses that flow into each other linked by breath - specifically downward facing dog, chaturanga, upward dog, and then finishing in downward facing dog again.

I haven't done this challenge yet today, but it should be an easy one. I do these regularly in my flow practice. You should give it a go too!

Challenge completed. It doesn't take very long, and it really works your whole body!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, just found it accidentally and I think I'll stay! Great posts and I really like the challenges. I'm currently doing Ashtanga Yoga 3 times per week (and will build it up to a daily routine) and also swimm about 1500m. 3-4 times per week but I think I'll try some of your workouts!
    Ty the way I love suryanamaskars, it is the common warm up for Ashtanga practice (but you probably already know it!)

    Namaste,
    Olympia
    http://journeytoatmanashtangayoga.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Olympia. I LOVE suryanamaskars as well, I do them every day :) I read your recommendation about vipassana and I have been wanting to try that for awhile. I might just go to a session. Namaste.

      Delete