Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hump Day Yoga Inspiration

More for me than you, really, considering the rut that I've been in. Inspiring yogis to follow.....

Fran Miller - 91 year old yoga teacher 

Yep, you read right, she's 91 years young! And she only began teaching yoga in her 50s! As they say, you are never too old to yoga (or maybe I just made that up just then :P). Here's a lovely interview with her on Yogadork.
Photo from Yogadork


Adam Levine, Maroon 5 frontman 

I'm going to be honest, I hate really dislike Maroon 5's music. But I do admire Adam Levine as a yogi (yay, I'm glad I can now separate the man and the music, unlike my 16 year old self). My favourite quote?
"There’s a very specific yoga cliché. Eat these foods, wear these clothes, believe only these things. I don’t want to be that."
Plus, Adam knows his asanas.
Borrowed from Yogadork, check out the full article on Adam there. 
I have tried this asana a few times... let's just say I'm not quite there yet.



Sadie Nardini, yoga teacher

I just love Sadie, I think she presents herself well, and I feel that she appeals to a younger demographic. My favourite Sadie quote?
"Being hurt in love doesn't mean you should shut down, or defend. In fact, be proud that you trusted, and loved with an open heart, even if someone else decided to act unskilled with you, or your path was not theirs. Be discerning, set calm, healthy boundaries--but keep your heart available and trust unless shown otherwise. Do not make future people pay for the actions of the past."

Visit Sadie's website for free yoga videos and information



Alanis Morrisette, musician 

What can I say... I was a child of the 90s. I loved Alanis Morrisette during her angsty days of being a Former Infatuated Junkie. And then, she faded into oblivion for a while or I grew out of adolescence (pick one), and she faded from memory until one day, who should graze the cover of my Yoga Journal, but the one and only Alanis!

And looking mighty fab. She also appeared in Weeds round about the same time, and she looks amazing! I'm going to put it down to all the yoga. I think she looks younger now than she did 10 years ago.

My inner schoolgirl leapt with joy when I saw this cover
(Source)

And I think I'ma end this post with a quote from Alanis.
"The mat just stays there, and I just keep coming back to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment