Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Challenge: Strong Core has begun

The Yoga Journal 2 Week Strong Core Challenge has begun!

The first day's focus on warming up the core
The videos have been a lot shorter than I thought they would be, so far ranging between 5 to 10 minutes, but we are only up to day two. It feels more like a short little masterclass that bring your focus towards your core as you do standard vinyasa flows or core strengthening exercises to be incorporated into your longer routine. 

I thought I'd put a taster of the challenge, for the first day, in case you wanted to test the waters before committing. 

The little 5 minute challenge today was enough to motivate me to do a little bit more, so I ended up spending 30 minutes on the mat today, which is 30 minutes more than my cumulative total for last week! I'm quite pleased. 

So, what are you waiting for... take the Strong Core challenge!

Update 16 April: The videos range from 5 - 35 minutes in length. Week 2 is a repeat of Week 1. So far, the challenges have been great, they really work your core! 

No comments:

Post a Comment